200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program
Immerse into the study and practice of Yoga!
Next Training will begin January 12, 2018.
The 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training program is a comprehensive study of the teachings of Yoga and ideal for the aspiring Yoga student who wishes to deepen their personal practice and gain a more complete understanding of the vast tradition of Yoga.
At True Nature, groups are kept to an intimate size allowing room for personal interaction and individual expression. We value the spiritual roots of the Yoga tradition and provide a solid foundation for a life long, holistic Yoga practice. Diving into the therapeutic benefits and subtle aspects of Yoga this program encourages exploration of the individual experience and recognizes that every body has distinct needs and limitations. Each Yoga student is unique and our training emphasizes how to teach safely to a diverse range of people. While we cover yoga postures in depth, we also inspire teachers and students to embark on a path of self-inquiry and spiritual growth. We honor all yoga styles and lineages.
Participants will learn:
• Patanjali’s Ashtanga Yoga
• Subtle Body Anatomy – Chakras & Nadis
• Alignment Principles, Modifications, Contraindications & Benefits of Numerous Postures
• Designing, Sequencing & Pacing a Yoga Class
• Ethical Aspects of the Yoga Profession
• Assisting & Adjusting Students
• Effective Communication Skills
• How to Create a Safe Learning Environment
• Processes for Self Study, Enhanced Personal Practice
• Practice Teaching, Giving and Receiving Feedback
The Yoga Studies program is in accordance with the Yoga Alliance National Standards and includes in-depth study and experience in:
• Practice and Training in Asana, Pranayama and Meditation
• Philosophy and Ethics including Yama and Niyama
• Anatomy and Physiology – Physical and Energetic
• Yogic Lifestyle, Diet and Balanced Living
• Effective Teaching Methodology
The 200 Hour Yoga Studies program also covers the following special topics:
• Restorative Yoga
• Chair, Gentle and Senior Yoga
• Introduction to Ayurveda
• PreNatal Yoga
• The Business of Yoga
The 7-day Immersion: The Essence of Yoga is the first step.
The next immersion is offered January 12th – 18th, 2018.
Times for the Immersion are as follow: Friday 1:00-5:00pm; Saturday, Sunday & Monday 9:00am-5:30pm; Tuesday 9:00am – 4:00pm; Wednesday 9:00am-5:00pm; Thursday 9:00am-3:00pm. After attending the Immersion and to continue your comprehensive study, the group will meet for 6 additional weekends from 9:00am – 5:30pm on the following dates: January 27th & 28th; February 10th & 11th; March 10th & 11th; April 14th & 15th; May 19th & 20th; June 2nd & 3rd.
You’ll also participate in the Apprenticeship portion of the program to qualify for 200 hour Certificate of Completion. Apprenticeship hours are flexible and scheduled during live classes with your Mentor Teacher. Current Mentor Teachers include: Leslie Denny, Danielle Fowler, Gale Gibbons, Melanie Wassman & Evelyn Wittman.
• All required books are included in the price of tuition.
• Unlimited $5 classes at Yoga Oceanside during the program.
• 10% discount in boutique at Yoga Oceanside.
• True Nature School of Yoga Training Manual
• Organic Canvas Tote Bag and Journal
Registration includes all required textbooks. Upon receiving your application and registration for the program, you receive all the books you will need for the program.
7 day Immersion: $700
YTT Program: $2,000 (Must attend Immersion first.)
Program Total Tuition: $2,700. ($2,400 EARLY BIRD rate paid in full prior to start of program.)
Payment plans are available. Please don’t hesitate to express your specific need regarding payment. True Nature School of Yoga does not turn away dedicated students due to financial hardship. Partial scholarships are available. Please apply early and mention your interest in receiving a scholarship.
Military Spouse: We accept Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA)
The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) Program is an employment assistance program that provides financial assistance to eligible military spouses who are pursuing a license, certification or Associate’s degree in a portable career field and occupation. Spouses of eligible military can apply and receive financial assistance for the full amount of tuition. To establish a MyCAA Account please visit the MyCAA Spouse Portal online at https://aiportal.acc.af.mil/mycaa
TO APPLY: Please download and fill-out the Application Form. Turn-in completed application and submit first payment to receive your acceptance letter and required books.
1. Send a check (payable to True Nature) to:
603 Seagaze Drive, #424
Oceanside, CA 92054
2. Make a payment online with Paypal. You, the sender must have verified PayPal account for no fees to be incurred to either party. Select “Send & Request” tab. Then select “Send money to friends or family”, enter Info@truenatureyoga.com and the dollar amount. Review and confirm payment amount. Confirm payment screen states “Fee is $0.00 USD”. No fee if you use your PayPal balance or a PayPal verified bank account.
3. Credit Card payments (Visa and MasterCard) are subject to 3% third party processing fee. Click here to pay with credit card. You may also request a check from your credit card company.
“Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love.” - Rumi